What is Unusual?
Unusual corporation is the studio of Will Staehle ( stay•lee ). We focus on commercial design and original content creation.
Will grew up reading comics and working summers at his parent’s design firm in Wisconsin. He was Art Director for HarperCollins Publishers in NY, the VP of Design at JibJab in LA, and has been labeled by Print Magazine as one of the Top Twenty Under Thirty New Visual Artists, an Art Director’s Club Young Gun, and has also exhibited a solo show of work at the Type Director’s Club. Will’s work has appeared in various design annuals and he’s also contributed to the AIGA’s 50 books / 50 covers exhibit.
Currently, Will resides in Seattle, WA — where he runs Unusual Co. He uses his design and illustration background to create bold covers, stylized posters, quirky websites and mini-comics to ensure that he gets as little sleep as possible.
• The Type Director’s Club
• AIGA national conference ( for Adobe )
• Savannah College of Art and Design
• AIGA Nowhere conference
• Apple Store ( Young Gun speaking series )
• University of Maryland
• Kean University
• The Adobe Achievement awards
Awards & Recognition:
• Print magazine: New Visual Artist
• Art Director’s Club: Young Gun
• AIGA 50 books / 50 covers
• Adobe awards for Design and Illustration
• Contributed to New York Times book article
• Numerous appearances in Print annuals
• Appeared in Communication Arts
• Spotlighted on The Huffington Post,
Grain Edit, and DesignSponge
Still want more? ok, fine.
• Height: 6′ 3
• Middle name: Owen
• Socks of choice: Red socks. Everyday.
( the designer in his natural state. )